We are looking for an ambitious and technically driven person to the Systems and Data Analysis department with specialized expertise in one or more of the areas of machine learning, statistical data analysis, and big data analytics. You have a solid mathematical and statistical background and the ability to use advanced theory for practical solutions to concrete problems. You will have an important role in FCC’s involvement in data science and will be part of a group responsible for applied projects and research within the area.
- Analyze, implement, and develop algorithms for applications in data analysis, machine learning, and big data analytics.
- Work in multiple applied projects in various industrial sectors where you will develop, analyze, and implement methods and algorithms for our industrial partners.
- Perform research, write and publish papers, and present research results at international conferences.
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or similar.
- Advanced skills in working with computational software such as Python, R, and MATLAB. Competence in C++, Java, or similar program languages.
- Broad knowledge within statistics, optimization, machine learning, and algorithms.
- Experience with tools such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark or similar is meritorious.
- Knowledge and skills in database systems.
- Previous work in data analysis, data science and machine learning is meritorious.
The department conducts research and development in systems engineering and data analysis such as system identification, model-based signal processing, big data analytics, machine learning, classification and prediction, deep learning, systems biology, electrophysiology, and pharmacometrics, with applied projects in both technology and biomedicine.
Head of department Mats Jirstrand
firstname.lastname@example.org, 031-772 42 50
Applied researcher Emil Gustavsson
email@example.com, 031-772 42 92
The application consisting of a personal letter, CV, and transcript of grades should be sent no later than 1 December to:
Chalmers Science Park
412 88 Gothenburg
or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held continuously so please apply as soon as possible.