Computational Engineering and Design
The massive development of computer power has made optimization a key technology to support virtual product and process development in industry.
Our core competence is to develop tailor-made solutions for simulation-based optimal design of products and processes in close cooperation with customers. Together with our colleagues at the Optimization department at Fraunhofer-ITWM we offer a methodology based on coupling of
- building models or data based virtual structures under consideration of restrictions and free parameters
- identification of measures for quality and costs in order to evaluate
and optimize the structures under discussion
- development and implementation of individual optimization methods to
calculate best possible solutions
- of particular interest are multi-criteria problems with conflicting cost and quality indicators
- integration of simulation and optimization algorithms
- consulting in structuring decision support processes
- development and implementation of interactive decision support tools, in particular for multi-criteria optimization problems
Multi-Objective Optimization of MIMO Antenna Systems
A. Stjernman, A. Derneryd, S. Jakobsson, B. Andersson, F. Edelvik, 3rd European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, Berlin, Germany, March 2009.
Multi-objective Antenna Optimization
In this project we develop new efficient algorithms for optimization of multiple input multiple outout (MIMO) antenna systems.
Combustion Engine Optimization
Development of best practice and a theoretical basis for combustion engine optimisation based on computational fluid dynamics.
Optimization department at Fraunhofer-ITWM
Rational radial basis function interpolation with applications to antenna design
S Jakobsson, B Andersson, F Edelvik. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 233(4), pp. 889-904, December 2009.
A method for simulation based optimization using radial basis functions
S Jakobsson, M Patriksson, J Rudholm, A Wojciechowski. Optimization and Engineering, June 2009.
Combustion engine optimization: a multiobjective approach
S Jakobsson, M Saif-Ul-Hasnain, R Rundqvist, F Edelvik, B Andersson, M Patriksson, M Ljungqvist, D Lortet, J Wallesten. Optimization and Engineering, 2009.
© 2013 Fraunhofer - Chalmers Centre