A novel method for reconstructing the interface between two fluids is described and evaluated. The method uses a different basis for approximating the color function than what is common practice in SPH simulations. The key feature of the new method is the ability to omit small length scale structures in order to obtain a smoother representation. A smoother interface is more suitable to derive a surface tension force from, as the magnitude of the force is proportional to the curvature which is related to the second derivative along the interface.
Authors and Affiliations
- B. Andersson, Fraunhofer-Chalmers Centre
- S. Jakobsson, Fraunhofer-Chalmers Centre
- A. Mark, Fraunhofer-Chalmers Centre
- F. Edelvik, Fraunhofer-Chalmers Centre
- L. Davidson, Dep. of Applied Mechanics, Chalmers University of Technology